Sources of information
The study of correlations involves the analysis of a large amount of financial data over a long period of time, in order to compare it with Astrological data , which is in fact astronomical data usually coming from the NASA.
Paradoxically, these astronomical (hence astrological ) sources are more reliable than economic and financial resources, because they cannot be manipulated and reflect objective data. Nobody can manipulate the position of Mars, or shift the time of an Eclipse, and we know precisely the movement of the stars for the past 2000 years and the next 2000 years.
Economic and Financial sources are much less reliable :
• We rarely have sufficient history. Data on U.S. indexes back only in 1896 for example and for the study of long cycles , that is not enough.
• They rarely offer great consistency over time . The Dow Jones started with eleven companies , nine of which are Railways companies. The other two were Western Union and Pacific Mail and operated in Telegraphy and Steam Navy ... what a contrast with the current DJ30 values, where the role of finance is so important !
• They are sometimes manipulated by governments, the calculation of inflation , for example, which may or may not take into account rent, depending on the country, is typical.
• They are sometimes very arbitrarily defined and the definition can change overnight, the calculation of GDP in another example , the US GDP definition has recently been changed to include contributions of intangibles — creations in the arts and entertainment, research and development — and what they contribute to GDP.
• They do not reflect changes in society and technology. Cotton was a very important raw material in the U.S. at the time of W.D. Gann, but this is no longer the case today. Moreover, with globalization agricultural raw materials are no longer separated markets, a deficit in one country may be offset in another one, hence drought and floods cannot have the same effect. When we compare prices over time, we do not always compare the same thing.
We still give a number of sites to find both types of information:
Astronomical / Astrological data